Warren Buffett was interested in business and investing since childhood, highly inspired by Benjamin Graham. It was at the age of 7 where he first was inspired by a book named 1000 ways to make $1000 which he borrowed from Omaha Private Library. Buffett used to sell chewing gums, water bottles, and delivering newspaper etc. to make some money and later he would invest the money in stock market.
He bought his first three shares of Cities Service at the age of 11. Buffett was hugely inspired and influenced by Benjamin Graham who was a well known investor and a teacher.
Buffett was born on August 30, 1930 in Omaha, Nebraska and he was referred to as the Oracle or Omaha by the Global media. He is currently the 4th richest person in the world with a net worth of $82.5 billion which he promised to donate 99% of his wealth.
He is the CEO and Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway which is a Multinational Conglomerate holding company that owns GEICO, Duracell, Coca Cola, Lubrizol, Fruit of the Loom etc.
One the most famous quotes of Warren Buffett that he once said for every new Entrepreneurs:
“You have two choices, 1) Make excuses or 2) Make progress”
Buffett have inspired millions of investors and entrepreneurs to build a successful business.
Here are the top 50 quotes of Warren Buffett that you must read in 2020.
Also Read: Quotes of Bill Gates
Top 50 Quotes of Warren Buffett
- “We don’t have to be smarter than the rest; we have to be more disciplined than the rest”
- “If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need”
- “You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic. True power is constraint.
If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe, and allow things to pass.”
- “Honesty is very expensive gift; do not expect it from cheap people.”
- “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”
- “Never depend on single income, make investment to create a second source.”
- “You have two choices: 1) Make excuses or 2) Make progress”
- “An idiot with a plan can beat a genius without a plan.”
- “If you want to shoot rare, fast moving elephants, you should always carry a loaded gun.”
- “When something bad happens, you have three choices.
You can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.”
- “Before you invest on something, invest in time to understand it.”
- “The Rule No.1 never lose money, rule No.2 never forget Rule No.1.”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you would do things differently.”
- “First impressions are important and your personality is not the first thing people see,
You never know who you might run into when you go out, it could be a future business partner or a person of interest.”
- “If you’re not willing to own a stock for 10 years, do not even thing about owning it for 10 minutes.”
- “Having money makes you rich, having time makes you wealthy.”
- “Without passion you don’t have energy, without energy you have nothing.”
- “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
- “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.”
- “Never test the depth of river with both feet.”
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
- “Eat well,
Expand your mind,
Do better and get better,
You are your greatest investment.”
- “Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemy”
- “I don’t look to jump over 7 foot bars, I look around for 1 foot bars that I can step over.”
- “In this world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.”
- “Give a rich man $1000, he returns with $100,000.
Give a broke man $1000, he returns with a pair of Jordans and Tr Jeans.”
- “Don’t ask the barber whether you need a haircut.”
- “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”
- “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”
- “If you think being an entrepreneur is risky, try working for someone else for 40 years and living off social security.”
- “After some other mistakes, I learned to go into business with people whom I like, trust, and admire.”
- “The more you learn the more you earn.”
- “Only buy something that you would be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for 10 years.”
- “Time is the friend for wonderful business, the enemy of the mediocre.”
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree long ago.”
- “Having first-rate people on the team is more important than designing hierarchies and clarifying who reports to whom about what and at what times.”
- “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy when others are fearful.”
- “Unless you can watch your stock holding decline by 50% without becoming panic-stricken, you should not be in the stock market.”
- “It has been far safer to steal large sums with a pen than small sums with a gun.”
- “If you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money.”
41. “Your salary is the bribe they give you to forget your dreams.”
42. “If you don’t build your own dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
43. “It is not necessary to do extra-ordinary things to get extra-ordinary results.”
44. “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.”
45. “Most people get interested in stock when no one else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can’t buy what is popular and do well.”
46. “You only have to do very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do many things wrong.”
47. “The most important quality of an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that derives neither great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.”
48. “Look for 3 things in a person: intelligence, energy and integrity. If they don’t don’t have the last one, don’t even bother with the first two.”
49. “If you want to be successful, make reading a habit. I just sit in my office and read all day.”
50. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful business at a fair price, then a fair company at a wonderful price.”