William Henry Gates III also known as Bill gates is currently the second richest person in the world. Gates was born on 28 October 1955, in Seattle, Washington, US and was a Harvard dropout.
He and his childhood friend Paul Allen founded Microsoft which went on to become the world’s largest personal computer software company and Bill was the CEO and chairman of the company until 2000 but he remained as the chairman.
He was always fascinated on using computers since childhood and so at the age of 13 he was enrolled in a private Lakeside prep school where he wrote his first software program. Later on, he continued to programming software with his friend Paul Allen and founded Microsoft.
On February 2014 he dropped off being the chairman of Microsoft to being just a part timer. He wanted to focus on the Bill & Melina Gates Foundation which is a private charitable foundation that he and his wife Melina founded.
According to Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people, Gates held the title of the richest person in the world from 1995-1017 where he was surpassed by Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.
He is an American business magnate, investor, software developer, a great philanthropist and an influencer to many to people. One of his Famous quotes for all upcoming entrepreneurs is,
“Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world, if you do so you’re insulting yourself.”
In an interview Brad Silverberg ( SVP at Microsoft, 1990-1999) an employee of Microsoft said, ” Shortly after I joined Microsoft in 1990, Bill, I and few others of the Windows team were flying to NY from Seattle for some customer meetings. This was shortly after the launch of Windows 3.0. Though this was almost 25 years ago, Microsoft was a public, prosperous company. Yet, company policy was that flew coach. And there was Bill, sitting in coach, in a middle seat. It didn’t matter to him, he spent the whole flight reading. He wasn’t as universally recognized then so it wasn’t as such an issue for him to fly commercial.”
Top 30 quotes of Bill Gates
- “ If your business is not on the internet then your business is out of business”
- “ If you’re born poor, it is not your mistake but if you die poor, it’s your mistake”
- “ We all need people who will give us feedback, that’s how we improve”
- “ Exposure from a young age to the realities of the world is a super big THING”
- “ If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good”
- “ Television is not real life, in real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs”
- “I believe in the fact that the more you learn, the more you earn.
Rich people are book lovers, they are book nerds.
So, if you want to get your life to the next level and get some perspective, start reading and lose the mindset that
Reading is for losers. It’s for winners and the people who rule the world”
- “ Life is not fair, get used to it”
- “ Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world, if you do so you’re insulting yourself”
- “ Your most unhappy customers are the greatest source of learning”
- “ It’s fine to celebrate the success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure”
- “ To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks”
- “ The internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow”
- “ I choose a lazy person to do the hard job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it”
- “ Success is a lousy teacher, it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose”
- “ Patience is a key element to success”
- “ Don’t make the same decision twice, spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don’t revisit issue unnecessarily”
- “ I am not in competition with anyone but myself, my goal is to improve myself continuously”
- “ Each books opens up new avenues of knowledge to explore”
- “ As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others”
- “ Computers have lots of memories but no imaginations”
- “ Be nice to nerds, chances are you’ll end up working for one”
- “ I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot”
- “There is no secret; I simply showed my plan to 1200 people.
900 said no and only 300 signed up.
85 actually did something but only 35 were serious and out of those 35,
11 made me a multi-millionaire”
- “I failed in some subjects in my exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft”
- “ Surround yourself with people who challenge you, teaches you, and push you to be your best self”
- “ Power comes not from knowledge kept but from knowledge shared”
- “Sometimes you just have to stop being scared and go for it.
Either it will work or it won’t, that’s life”
- “ Money has no utility beyond a certain point, it’s utility Is entirely in building an organization and getting the resources out of the poorest of the world”
- “ The general idea of the rich helping the poor, I think is important”
So, these were some of the best quotes of Bill Gates and his little unknown facts.
Also read: Best ways to stay motivated